Camdram is an open-source project developed by a team of volunteers for the benefit of the Cambridge student theatre community. We use our project page on GitHub to co-ordinate our work and host a copy of the code that runs this site, as well details about bugs that have been submitted and our future roadmap for the site.
If you don't have programming skills but think you've found a bug, or you just have a cool idea for a new feature on Camdram, you can still create a new issue on GitHub, and one of our developers will get back to you.
If you're a programmer and would like to contribute to Camdram, we invite you to fork our repository. You can then fix any open issue or create a new one. Once you've fixed a bug or created some new functionality, you can then submit a pull request to be reviewed by the development team.
In order to avoid wasting effort, we recommend you discuss your ideas before carrying out any significant development work. If there's a relevant issue then you can use that, otherwise we have a Gitter chatroom for developer discussions and questions - feel free to send a message there. You can also use this group if you're having problems getting your development environment set up, or if you're not sure whether something is a bug or a problem with your set-up. We run Camdram as a meritocracy: anyone who has a reasonable number of pull requests accepted will be given access rights to commit straight to the Camdram repository.
Below is a summary of recent development activity on Camdram.
The following people have made contributions to Camdram:
- Peter Hoyes
- George Bateman
- Andrew Featherstone
- Charlie Jonas
- Stuart Cuthbertson
- David Stansby
- Ian Leith
- David Wood
Issues currently being worked on:
- Alert on excessive email queue length
- Extend static content relating to data protection (DPA) / GDPR
Issues recently fixed:
- Bump sass-loader from 7.2.0 to 7.3.1
- Bump @github/hotkey from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4
- Bump @symfony/webpack-encore from 0.27.0 to 0.28.0
- Bump friendsofsymfony/jsrouting-bundle from 2.3.1 to 2.4.0
- Bump sass-loader from 7.1.0 to 7.2.0
- Bump @github/hotkey from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3
- Bump @github/hotkey from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2
- Bump symfony/phpunit-bridge from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3
- Bump symfony/symfony from 3.4.29 to 3.4.30
- Search bar makes it hard to go to the /search page
Issues recently created:
- Add 'Request correction' link to People pages
- Address multiple issues in ExternalUser entity
- Is the logic used to delete orphaned people correct?
- Make line endings consistent
- Retrieve Twitter profile image for users using Twitter Oauth
- Deleting a show can leave orphaned people
- Browser-based testing and CI
- Improve layout of vacancy pages
- Profile pictures
- Validate email field in contact forms